Adriano Chaves Giesteira puts on sale an 8-courses renaissance lute based on Sixtus Rauwolf that he built in 2019.
The instrument was built from the data obtained in the doctoral thesis under the title Reconstructing a lute by Sixtus Rauwolf carried out in 2017 by Jonathan Santa Maria Bouquet.
The string length is 647mm. The instrument is located in Brazil.
- The soundboard with 15 flamed and imbúia maple ribs,
- Neck of spruce veneered with flamed maple and imbúia fillets;
- Ebony fingerboard
- The harmonic table is in spruce with inlaid details in bone and ebony,
- Pear tree bridge with fir leaf,
- Maple machine heads with maple and ebony machine heads
- Comes with a high quality hard case
The selling price is 1800€ plus shipping costs.
More photos: https://www.instagram.com/adrianogiesteira/